Each week on The Shake Up Learning Show, I share a Podcast Question of the Week–questions for discussion and reflection. The questions can be found in the show notes for each episode but also made available here for easy access.
Please feel free to use these questions and the podcast episodes with your team, department, campus, district, or organization.
These questions will also be posted each Thursday in the Shake Up Learning Community. Feel free to respond in the group, or share your answers on social with the #shakeuplearning hashtag.
These questions are also designed to help leaders use these questions to gather evidence of learning for professional credit. (Learn more about this idea in episode 12.)
[Tweet “#PodcastPD! Use the #ShakeUpLearning Show question of the week to guide discussion and reflection on your campus! #edtech”]
Shake Up Learning Show Podcast Questions of Week
Episode 138: I Just Took the Google Certified Educator Exam
- What questions do you have about Google Certification?
Episode 137: How to Work Less and Be a More Effective Teacher
- How can you use Dan’s tips to become a more effective teacher?
Episode 136: Time-Saving Tips and Tools for Teachers (Part 2)
- Which time-saving tip will you try this year?
Episode 135: Time-Saving Tips and Tools for Teachers (Part 1)
- What other time-saving tips would you add to this list?
Episode 134: Engage Students AND Meet Standards with Student Podcasting!
- How can podcasting help your students reach their learning goals?
Episode 133: 30+ Ways to Use FREE Templates from Canva in Your Classroom (part 2)
- What templates have you used that backfired?
Episode 132: 30+ Ways to Use FREE Templates from Canva in Your Classroom (part 1)
- How can you use Canva templates in your classroom this year?
Episode 131: 15 Collaborative Tools That Are NOT Google
- How do you facilitate collaboration in your classroom?
Episode 129: What I Learned at the Back to School Conference
- What session did you enjoy most and how will you use what you learned?
Episode 128: Global Maker Challenges
- How can you help your students make and create this year?
Episode 127: The Power of Podcasts for Learning
- What’s one way that you can use podcasts in your classroom this year?
Episode 126: How Technology Can Help Build Relationships, Ease Anxiety, and Empower Learners!
- How can you use technology to empower your students this year?
Episode 125: 30 Ways to Use Google Forms in the Classroom
- What new ways will you use Google Forms this year?
Episode 124: How to “Fake” Blogging in the Classroom
- How can you use this template in your classroom?
Episode 123: Back to School with the 4 C’s
- Which of the 4 C’s do you need to integrate more into your lessons?
Episode 122: Back to School with Google Tools
- How will you use Google tools for Back to School?
Episode 121: Back to School with Choice Boards
- How can you use choice boards this school year to differentiate for your students?
Episode 120: Take Student Collaboration to the Next Level [interview with Vicki Heupel]
- How can you take collaboration to the next level with your students?
Episode 119: FREE Templates for Teachers: Where to Find Them and How to Create Them
- How can you use templates in your classroom to engage all learners?
Episode 118: Adventures in Hyperdocs: An interview with Sarah McKinney
- How can you use Hyperdocs to transform your classroom?
Episode 117: 27 Formative Assessment Tools for Your Classroom
- How can you use these formative assessment tools to assess your students?
Episode 116: How to Pass the Google Certified Educator Exams
- What’s holding you back from getting Google Certified?
Episode 115: 85+ Apps That Integrate with Google Classroom
- Which apps on this list do you love? Which ones will you try with your students?
Episode 114: Google Tools in the World Languages Classroom
- How can you use Google tools to support language learners in your classroom?
Episode 113: Google Earth in Every Grade
- How can you use Google Earth in your classroom?
Episode 112: Teaching with Jamboard
- How can you use Jamboard to facilitate collaborative learning with students?
Episode 111: 4 Projects That Go Beyond Traditional Assessment
- How can you help students demonstrate learning in new ways?
Episode 110: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Google Meet
- What has been your biggest struggle with using Google Meet or other online video conferencing tools?
Episode 109: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Zoom
- How can you use the features of Zoom to better engage students?
Episode 108: Educational Duct Tape [interview with Jake Miller]
- How have you used “educational duct tape” to solve problems in your classroom?
Episode 107: 15 Ways to Use Mote in the Classroom
- How can you use Mote to improve teaching and learning with your students?
Episode 106: MUST-HAVE Google Skills for Teachers (Part 4 – Docs & Slides)
- What are your MUST-HAVE Google skills?
Episode 105: MUST-HAVE Google Skills for Teachers (Part 3 – Google Drive)
- What Google Drive skill do you want to teach your students this year?
Episode 104: MUST-HAVE Google Skills for Teachers (Part 2 – Google Classroom)
- What is your favorite Google Classroom feature or tip?
Episode 103: MUST-HAVE Google Skills for Teachers (Part 1 – Chrome)
- How can you use these Chrome skills to improve as a teacher?
Episode 102: Presentation Tips for Trainers, Coaches, and Teachers
- In what ways do you want to improve as a presenter or trainer?
Episode 101: Blended Learning with Google Toolkit
- How can you use the toolkit to help create dynamic blended learning experiences for your students?
Episode 100: 100+ Tips, Tools, and Lesson Ideas
- How have you used podcasts for professional learning or in your classroom?
Episode 99: Google Workspace and Other Updates You Need to Know
- How will these new features help you and your students?
Episode 98: Teaching Digitally Resource Guide
- What resources and tips have helped you make the shift to digital learning?
Episode 97: Asynchronous Learning Tips for Teachers
- How can you improve learning in your classroom with asynchronous learning strategies?
Episode 96: Digital Badges in the Classroom
- How can you use digital badges to increase engagement with your students?
Episode 95: 15 EPIC Tools I Can’t Live Without
- What tools help you stay organized and productive as an educator?
Episode 94: How to Get Google Certified
- What are your professional learning goals for 2021?
Episode 93: The Future of Online Teaching in a Post-COVID World
- How would you improve your role as a teacher or educator in the new normal?
Episode 92: 20 Ways to Use Google Drawings in the Classroom
- Which way will you use Google Drawings in your classroom this year?
Episode 91: Student Portfolios with Google Sites
- How can you use student portfolios to demonstrate student learning and growth over time?
Episode 90: 8 Reasons to Love Blended Learning with Google
- What excites you most about Blended Learning with Google?
Episode 89: Blended Learning with Google Part 2
- How can you use the storytelling strategy with your content area?
Episode 88: Blended Learning with Google (Part 1)
- How can you use Google tools to better engage students in dynamic learning experiences?
Episode 87: FREE Google Lesson Plans
- What applied digital skills lesson would you like to try with your students?
Episode 86: Google Classroom Comments
- How do you use comments in Google Classroom to leave feedback for students?
Episode 85: Blended Learning Best Practices [with Catlin Tucker]
- What blended learning strategy from this episode will you try?
Episode 84: Go Global: Online Publishing for All Students
- How can you give your students a more authentic audience for their work?
Episode 83: Synchronous v. Asynchronous Online Learning
- How can you use asynchronous online strategies with your students?
Episode 82: 5 Shifts We Need in Education Now!
- How can you use the challenges before you as an opportunity for positive change?
Episode 81: 10 Google Tips for Remote Learning
- How have Google tools helped your students connect and learn this year?
Episode 80: Flipgrid: The Go-To Remote Learning Tool
- How can you use Flipgrid to better engage your students and support learning?
Episode 79: The InterACTIVE Class in a Post-COVID World
- How can you create a more interactive class to engage students this year?
Episode 78: 25 Things You Didn’t Know Google Slides Could Do (Part 2)
- Share your favorite Google Slides tip.
Episode 77: 25 Things You Didn’t Know Google Slides Could Do (Part 1)
- How can you use Google Slides to get students to demonstrate learning this year?
Episode 76: How to Create Google Classroom Blended Learning Lessons
- How will you use the features inside Google classroom to support your blended learning lessons?
Episode 75: 8 Easy and Fun Back-to-School Online Activities
- What is your favorite back to school online activity?
Episode 74: Back to School with G Suite
- What back-to-school activities are you going to try this year?
Episode 73: A Framework for Blended PD (Part 3)
- What professional learning activities helped you grow as an educator?
Episode 72: A Framework for Blended PD (Part 2)
- What’s the best professional learning experience that you’ve ever had as an educator?
Episode 71: A Framework for Blended PD (Part 1)
- What’s one thing you would like to see improved in teacher professional development?
Episode 70: The Chromebook Infused Classroom
- How could you “Press Record” and have students tell you more about their learning?
Episode 69: 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer
- What’s your next career goal?
Episode 68: How to Package Your Digital Assignments
- How do you package your blended and online learning assignments for your students?
Episode 67: Dynamic Learning Down Under
- How can you help create more dynamic learning experiences for your students?
Episode 66: 5 Chrome Extensions for Google Classroom
- What Chrome extensions have helped you and your students?
Episode 65: Online Teaching Best Practices, Tips, and Tools
- What online learning strategy do you want to try with your students?
Episode 64: Google Classroom Cleanup Tips for the End of the Year
- What’s one Google Classroom tip you would have given yourself BEFORE remote learning?
Episode 63: 10 Ways Google Certification Can Support Remote Learning
- How are you learning new skills during remote learning?
Episode 62: Lessons Learned From Remote Learning
- What advice would you give someone who is about to start their first week of remote learning?
Episode 61: What Students Have to Say About Remote Learning
- What’s one thing you learned from Charlotte and Elena that will help you better connect with your students during remote learning?
Episode 60: Leading Through Crisis and Beyond for Teachers and Educational Leaders
- What has been the biggest lesson you learned during this remote learning period?
Episode 59: How to Work From Home and Get Things Done
- Share one thing you are doing to be more productive while you work from home.
Episode 58: Home Learning Strategies for Primary Students that ALL Teachers Can Use!
- How can my students and I grow together through this remote learning experience?
Episode 57: Practice Tips for Home Learning
- What is the best home learning tip you have learned during this school closure period?
Episode 56: Home Learning with Choice Boards
- How can you use choice boards for home learning with your students? Share your ideas and links!
Episode 55: 10 Google Tips Every Teacher Should Know
- How do you use Google Docs to support learning in your classroom?
Episode 54: [On-Air Coaching] Engaging Students in Content That Doesn’t Interest Them
- What strategies do you use to better engage students in the content that doesn’t interest them?
Episode 53: 70+ Apps That Integrate with Google Classroom
- What is your favorite app integration with Google Classroom and how do you use it with students?
Episode 52: The Power of Student Entrepreneurship [interview with Chris Aviles]
- How can you help cultivate entrepreneurial skills in your students that solve real-world problems?
Episode 51: Digital Equity and Why It Matters [interview with Ken Shelton]
- How can we create culturally responsive and equitable digital learning experiences for our students?
Episode 50: The Instructional Playbook [interview with Jim Knight]
- What is one takeaway from this episode or improvement you would love to see in professional learning?
Episode 49: Google Accessibility Tools to Reach ALL Learners
- How can accessibility tools help you reach the learners in your classroom?
Episode 48: My Pencil Made Me Do It! [Interview with Carrie Baughcum]
- What’s one way you could try sketchnoting in your classroom or professional life?
Episode 47: It’s NOT About Google (Part 4)
- What is one way you can globally connect your students to other classrooms, authors, or experts?
Episode 46: It’s NOT About Google (Part 3)
- How do you give students opportunities to explore their own interests in your classroom?
Episode 45: It’s NOT About Google (Part 2)
- How can you go BEYOND the tool and give your students opportunities to do new things with technology?
Episode 44: It’s NOT About Google (Part 1)
- How do you help build a growth mindset with your students?
Episode 43: #PottyPD: How to Make the Most of a Captive Audience (FREE TEMPLATE)
- As a leader, how can you create quick learning opportunities for your teachers?
Episode 42: 6 Books That Will Transform Your Classrom
- What professional learning book will you be reading next and why?
Episode 41: 25+ Ways to Use Google Keep
- What’s your favorite Google Keep feature, and how do you use it?
Episode 40: Gearing Up for the Hour of Code
- What is your plan for the hour of code and CSEdweek?
Episode 39: The Shake Up Learning Story
- What are you holding back? How can you share more of YOU with the world?
Episode 38: How to Make an Impact as a Tech Coach
- How can you use the ideas from this episode to make an impact as a coach?
Episode 37: 10+ Ways to Use Technology in the Math Classroom
- How can you use technology to go beyond simple substitution for paper?
Episode 36: 13 Tips to Organize Your Google Drive
- How can creative organization skills help you and your students in the classroom?
Episode 35: YOU Can Teach Like a Pirate!
- How do you “hook” your students to keep them engaged and motivated like TLAP?
Episode 34: 15 Ways to Use Google Classroom in Professional Learning
- How can Google Classroom help us learn and grow together as professionals?
Episode 33: 100+ Ways to Use a Chromebook in the Classroom
- What’s one new idea from the Chromebook App Hub that you are going to try with your students this year?
Episode 32: Productivity Tips and Tools for Teachers and Students
- How can you and your students use technology to become more productive learners and creators?
Episode 31: The Teacher’s Guide to Professional Book Studies
- What is your biggest challenge with professional book studies?
Episode 30: 9 Ways to Improve Student Writing with Google Docs
- What G Suite tools can you use in your classroom to help your students become better writers?
Episode 29: 10 Google Classroom Tips You Didn’t Know
- How is Google Classroom helping you transform your classroom? What tips will you try?
Episode 28: Eduprotocols: Customized Lessons for Any Subject or Grade!
- Which of the EduProtocols is a good fit for your classroom? How will you implement?
Episode 27: How to Create Drag and Drop Activities with Google Slides
- How can you use the interactive features of Google Slides to engage your students in new ways? What will you create? What will your students create?
Episode 26: Meaningful Collaboration in the Classroom
- How can you make collaboration more meaningful and purposeful in your classroom?
Episode 25: Is Microsoft Making a Comeback in Education?
- Name two tools you want to try in your classroom and how you will implement.
Episode 24: Back to School with G Suite
- Which back to school activities with G Suite do you want to try with your students this year?
Episode 23: Coding, Art, and Student-Led Innovation
- As teachers, how can we inspire more students, especially girls, to take interest in coding and innovative projects?
Episode 22: Power Up Your Classroom with Game Play
- How can you empower your learners with gameplay in your classroom? Name two takeaways.
Episode 21: 10 Awesome Ways to Use Flipgrid in Your Classroom
- Name two ways you can use Flipgrid to give students voice in your classroom and in their learning
Episode 20: The Problem Solving Generation [Interview with Google’s Jaime Casap]
- What opportunities do you give students to solve real-world problems in your classroom?
Episode 19: Top 10 Secrets of an Awesome Tech Coach
- What steps can you take to improve in your role as a tech coach over the next year?
Episode 18: Stop Asking How to Put a Worksheet in Google Classroom
- What worksheets or packets do you need to rethink? If you don’t have one, what PDF files could use a refresh to make them more dynamic?
Episode 17: The Learning Mixologist with Holly Clark
- How will you use the Learning Mixologist recipes to shake up and infuse the learning in your classroom? Name two ideas you will try.
Episode 16: Digital Differentiation with G Suite
- How do you use digital tools to differentiate learning in your classroom? Name one new idea you will try in your classroom.
Episode 15: Project Based Learning Tips That Will Transform Your Classroom (with Vicki Davis)
- How do you unleash the passions of your students? How can you and your students “innovate like a turtle” and use Vicki’s tips?
Episode 14: How to Podcast with Students (with Chris Nesi)
- Why is podcasting a powerful tool for teachers and students? Share one way you could try podcasting with your students or in your role in education?
Episode 13: How to Get Google Certified (Level 1, Level 2, Trainer, and Innovator)
- What are your Google Certification goals? What have you learned through the certification process, or WANT to learn about using Google tools in your classroom?
Episode 12: How to Get Credit for Listening to Podcasts
- Name three ways that podcasts have helped improve your teaching and impacted your students.
Episode 11: How to Create a Class Brand with Tony Vincent
- In what ways do you give students a voice in their classroom and their learning? Name at least three new ideas you learned from Tony Vincent and how you could implement in your classroom.
Episode 10: How to Choose a Digital Assessment Strategy
- Have you ever selected an assessment or activity that didn’t really assess what students were learning? Explain. How do you ensure that your assessment strategy is aligned to your end goal?
Episode 9: 60 Tools to Inspire Students with Chromebooks
- What are three tools from this week’s episode that you want to try in your classroom, and how will you integrate them into your curriculum?
Episode 8: The Teacher’s Guide to Digital Choice Boards (FREE eBook)
- Where can you begin integrating choice boards in your classroom? What choices will you give? How will you assess the learning?
Episode 7: Things I Wish My Teacher Knew
- What can we learn from honest conversations with students about the learning in our classrooms?
Episode 6: [On-Air Coaching] Staying Focused on the Learning Goals, Not the Technology
- Have you ever tried to integrate too much at once, like Jasmine? How do you ensure that your enthusiasm doesn’t distract from the purpose of the lesson?
Episode 5: How to Plan for Technology Integration
- What lesson plan would you like to revamp and plan as a dynamic learning experience? What would you change?
Episode 4: Easy Lesson Plan Makeovers for Your Classroom
- What is one dynamic learning upgrade that you are willing to try in your classroom?
Episode 3: A Framework for Technology Integration
- What is one way that you can beyond in your classroom that you’ve never tried?
Episode 2: The 4 C’s: The Superfoods of Learning
- In what ways are you already integrating the 4 C’s in your curriculum? Explain and share examples.
Episode 1: Top 20 Tech Tips for Teachers
- Of the 20 tips, which ones really stood out to you? Pick 3 that you plan to take action on and explain how.