Each week on The Shake Up Learning Show, I share a Podcast Question of the Week–questions for discussion and reflection. The questions can be found in the show notes for each episode but also made available here for easy access.
Please feel free to use these questions and the podcast episodes with your team, department, campus, district, or organization.
These questions will also be posted each Monday in the Shake Up Learning Community. Feel free to respond in the group, or share your answers on social with the #shakeuplearning hashtag.
These questions are also designed to help leaders use these questions to gather evidence of learning for professional credit. (Learn more about this idea in episode 12.)
Shake Up Learning Show Podcast Questions of Week
- What are your Google Certification goals? What have you learned through the certification process, or WANT to learn about using Google tools in your classroom?
- Name three ways that podcasts have helped improve your teaching and impacted your students.
- In what ways do you give students a voice in their classroom and their learning? Name at least three new ideas you learned from Tony Vincent and how you could implement in your classroom.
- Have you ever selected an assessment or activity that didn’t really assess what students were learning? Explain. How do you ensure that your assessment strategy is aligned to your end goal?
- What are three tools from this week’s episode that you want to try in your classroom, and how will you integrate them into your curriculum?
- Where can you begin integrating choice boards in your classroom? What choices will you give? How will you assess the learning?
- What can we learn from honest conversations with students about the learning in our classrooms?
- Have you ever tried to integrate too much at once, like Jasmine? How do you ensure that your enthusiasm doesn’t distract from the purpose of the lesson?
- What lesson plan would you like to revamp and plan as a dynamic learning experience? What would you change?
- What is one dynamic learning upgrade that you are willing to try in your classroom?
- What is one way that you can beyond in your classroom that you’ve never tried?
- In what ways are you already integrating the 4 C’s in your curriculum? Explain and share examples.
- Of the 20 tips, which ones really stood out to you? Pick 3 that you plan to take action on and explain how.