I thought it was a great time to share three Google Chrome extensions that can make your experience better for you and your students.
Google Classroom + Chrome = Match Made in Heaven!
As many of you know, I love me some Google Chrome, and I love Google Classroom.
Consider Google Chrome the learning environment for all things Google.
Not only is it a safe and secure browser, but it will enhance your experience with Google Classroom.
Below are three Chrome Extensions that can make Google Classroom even better for teachers and students.
Kick off your school year with Google Classroom! Be sure you also check out the fabulous and free resources that Google has put together for teachers: The First Days of Google Classroom, a wonderful resource that will continue to grow throughout the year.
The Share to Classroom Chrome Extension, made by Google, is designed to save time in the classroom. “The extension allows you to push web pages to any of your Classroom classes, so they open instantly on your students’ computers. With this extension, you can get your students on the right page, quickly and reliably every time. You can also post announcements, create assignments, or save web pages to post to Classroom later.” (Also see the previous post: The Share to Google Classroom Chrome Extension.)
You Can Share a Web Page in 1 of 2 Ways:
1. Share it with all students in a class, so it instantly appears in the browsers of all active students and co-teachers. (Please note: Both teachers and students must have the extension installed.) Students can also share or push websites and links back to the teacher.
2. Attach the web page to an assignment, question, or announcement
Share to Classroom Tips
- This extension will interrupt students when you “push” a link, so please be sure to “push” during intended times.
- Students can only share to the teacher, not the entire class. Teachers will need to model appropriate use. Nothing replaces good classroom management!
- Mute notifications of web pages shared by students in the settings of the extension to keep from seeing the pop-ups on your screen. You can still access the pages that you have received in the extension.
- Visit the Share to Classroom support page to learn even more about this tool.
The G Suite Training extension is FREE training ON DEMAND for teachers and students, and this includes just in time training on Google Classroom. For the teacher, this means you can get help and get your questions answered on the fly as you work inside Google Classroom (see screenshot below). These are not just tutorial videos; this is interactive training that will walk you step-by-step through each task or process.
To view G Suite Training lessons:
2. Go to the G Suite service you want to learn.
3. Click the Training menu (Training for G Suite menu) for a list of relevant lessons, or use the search feature to find a particular lesson.
4. Select the lesson and follow the onscreen instructions.
Interactive Training Lessons on Google Classroom for Teachers
Interactive Training Lessons on Google Classroom for Students
But it gets better! Students can also use this training to get acquainted with navigating Google Classroom.
This is a great Google Classroom orientation for students at the start of school or a new semester!
Learn more about this extension in this previous post: Free G Suite Training for Teachers and Students.
My friend, Alice Keeler, is the definitive expert on all things Google Classroom and she never fails to amaze me with her tips, tricks, ideas, and even her own Chrome extensions. This extension is designed with the student in mind. It allows students to evenly split their Chrome windows so they can view the directions for the assignment side-by-side with their work.
Students can right click on the Chrome extension and choose “Options” to change the default destination from the Google Classroom assignments page to another URL.
Learn all about the new updates to Google Classroom and take your skills to the next level. This course will give you everything you need to get started using Google Classroom and best practices to help you make the most of this tool.
Perfect for beginner to intermediate skill levels! Consider this your video guide to Google Classroom!
Learn All About the Course
Who Should Join the Google Classroom Master Class?
Beginners can learn everything they need to get started.
Intermediate level users can focus on learning more advanced features, tips and tricks, and best practices.
Go at your own pace.
Let’s dig in! This class is for all skill levels!
What’s Included in the Google Classroom Master Class?
- Video-based lessons
- 5 BONUS Lessons
- PDF Downloads
- Supporting Resources
- Best Practices and Tips
- 6 hours of professional learning credit
- Purchase orders are accepted
- Bulk license discounts
- Get your whole team, campus, or district on board
© Shake Up Learning 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. See: Copyright Policy.
How to Pass the Google Certified Educator Exams!
Download this 15-page PDF download of tips to help you pass the Google Certified Educator Exams!