5 Reasons Educators Should Use Google Plus
When I poll educators and ask, “How many of you are on Google+,” I get very few hands responses. Google+ is not just for Google employees and Google fanboys anymore. Google+ is the fastest growing social network, and offers some great ways to connect and learn with other educators that you cannot find on other platforms. Google+ has quickly become one of my favorite social media platforms. I have connected with some great educators, and now moderate several communities. If you are not using Google+, you are missing out on some great features, and great ways to expand your PLN.
Below are the Five Reasons Educators Should Be using Google+:
1. Visual Posts with Text, Images and Video Options: The Google+ feeds are visually-driven, allowing you to get a snapshot or video along with the text of the post. Frankly, there is not enough time to read everything in all of my social media feeds. I appreciate good visuals that guide me to high-quality posts and information.
Wanna try? Here’s How to Get Auto-Awesome Photos
Learn more about Hangouts here.
5. Communities: Google+ Communities is where the magic happens! There are hundreds of educational communities to join and connect. Expand your professional learning network by joining a few. You will be instantly hooked! Here is a great list of Google+ communities from Educational Technology and Mobile Learning to get you started.
Getting Started with Google+:
- Get to Know Google+ (from Google)
- Everything Teachers Need to Know About Google + (from Educational Technology and Mobile Learning)
- Google Plus for Education Resource Guide (from Dee Lanier)
What are your favorite features of Google+? Please share in the comments below.
© Shake Up Learning 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. See: Copyright Policy.
18 Challenges for Teachers in 2018 FREE eBook!
Get the FREE eBook: 18 Challenges for Teachers in 2018! Simply fill out this form and we will send you the 83-page PDF ebook.