With all of the wonderful apps we have available on iOS devices these days, it can be cumbersome to find ways to get photos and videos from the iPad to a computer. Not to mention, storage space is always an issue. Depending on your apps, and your settings, you may find yourself emailing files to yourself from your iOS device. STOP! There is a better way! With Simple Transfer, you can view and transfer all of your photos and videos on your computer. You can easily transfer your photos and videos wirelessly between iPhone, iPad and computer.
This is a freemium app that comes in two flavors: Free and Pro ($2.99). The free version limits you to just 50 photos/videos of each album can be transferred, but gives you the chance to make sure it works on your wifi network.
Here are the features listed on their website:
- View, download and upload all your photos and videos on your computer using a web browser
- Transfer unlimited photos and videos between iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), select an album and tap on the “Select All” to transfer all your photos/videos
- Photos are transferred with full resolution including metadata and videos transferred with the highest quality available
- Optional passcode system for accessing the website
- Create new albums and transfer photos/videos to any selected album
- Slideshow photo albums on your computer’s browser
- Compatible with iOS 7, 6 and 5. Works on Windows, Mac and Linux!
- Simple Transfer does not use or transfer your files to any external server. It provides a completely private website that can only be accessed by computers connected directly to your local WiFi network. Your photos and videos cannot be accessed from the Internet.
This app can be particularly helpful for shared iPads in the classroom. Often times these iPads are set-up with generic accounts, without email or social network sharing sites. Using this app, teachers can easily transfer student created media from the iPad to the computer for assessment and sharing.
Give the Free Simple Transfer app a try!
© Shake Up Learning 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. See: Copyright Policy.