What You Need to Know to Pass the Google Certified Educator Level 1 Exam
What You Need to Know to Pass the Google Certified Educator Level 2 Exam
This is what you need to know to pass the Google Certified Educator Exam (Level 1), and it is all contained in this easy to follow Google Certified Educator Capacity Matrix!
Google Certified Educator Capacity Matrix ©(Level 1)
The Google Certified Educator program has a lot to offer educators who are looking to learn how to meaningfully use Google tools in the classroom and beyond. I have put together a capacity matrix to help teachers better understand the skills that are required to become a Level 1 Google Certified Educator.
(Looking for Level 2? The Level 2 Capacity Matrix can be found here.)
If you have followed this blog for very long, you know that I am a fan of Google certifications. I have learned so much through the certification process, and I have seen the transformation of many other teachers and classrooms along the way. My goal is to help as many teachers as I can reach their goal of becoming Google certified.
With so many certifications to choose from, you may be confused. I have put together a FREE ebook to help you figure out which path is right for you: The Complete Guide to Google Certifications.
About the Capacity Matrix
One of the most common questions I receive about the Level 1 and Level 2 exams is, “What do you have to know?” So as I have been developing The Google Certified Educator Level 1 Academy, I have been developing this matrix. I have taken the content from the Google Training Center Fundamentals Course and created a capacity matrix. This matrix breaks down each skill, concept, and idea by topic and application, AND most skills are linked to how-to documentation from the Google Support Center. I wanted this resource to rely only on myself and the Google Support Center as the primary sources.
How to Use the Capacity Matrix
“A Capacity Matrix is a visual learning tool created by David Langford and Myron Tribus. It helps the learner to connect with the curriculum. Students understand what they need to know understand and be able to do. The learner and teacher use the matrix to monitor progress towards meaningful learning goals. These have been shown to have a major effect on learning (John Hattie (Visible Learning) and Robert Marzano (MCREL)).”
I used capacity matrices in my classroom and thought it would be a very useful tool for educators to connect to the Google Certified Educator curriculum, better understand what they need to know and be able to do, and see progress over time. Use this tool to help you self-assess what you already know and where you need to focus your study time. Use the links in the document as a reference to learn new material and review skills and videos.
Each application, tool, or concept is broken down by skill. Here you can use the check boxes to self-assess:
- Awareness: I’ve heard of this.
- Beginner: I can do this on my own.
- Intermediate: I can teach others.
- Advanced: I can apply this in my classroom.
Get the Google Certified Educator Capacity Matrix (Level 1)
The Google Certified Educator (Level 1) Capacity Matrix
Download this FREE Google Certified Educator Level 1 Capacity Matrix to learn the skills needed to pass the Level 1 exam. There are 9 pages, and tons of links back to tutorials to help you!
The Google Certified Educator Academy (Level 1)
I have taken the content, concepts, and skills needed to pass the Google Certified Educator exams and created a video-based course that includes EVERYTHING you need to know, including:
- 40+ Video Lessons (More than 11 hours of hands-on learning with Kasey Bell!)
- Private Google+ Community and Study Group
- 20+ PDF Downloads
- Lesson Checks
- Testing Tips
- and much more!
- Need Level 2? Join the waitlist for Level 2.
Looking for more Google Certification resources?
- The Complete Guide to Google Certifications (FREE E-BOOK)
- How to Get Google Certified (Video Walkthrough)
- 10 Reasons to Become a Google Certified Educator
- How to Become a Google Certified Educator (video walk-through)
- Google Certified Educator Boot Camp – ONLINE!
- The Google Certified Educator Capacity Matrix (Level 1)
- What is G Suite for Education? What You Need to Know!
- How to Pass the Google Certified Educator Exams (12 Tips!)
- The Google Certified Educator Academies
- FREE Webinar: How to Become a Google Certified Trainer
- Top 10 Reasons to Become a Google Trainer VIP
- Everything You Wanted to Know About the Google Certified Trainer Application
- So You Want to Be a Google Certified Trainer?
- 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer (Video Walkthrough)
- 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer [infographic]
- BecomeAGoogleTrainer.com (Online Courses)
- How to Become a Google Certified Trainer (FREE eBook Download)
- Google Certified Trainer FAQ
© Shake Up Learning 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. See: Copyright Policy.
How to Pass the Google Certified Educator Exams!
Join this special list and get this 16 page PDF download of tips to help you pass the Google Certified Educator Exams!
I will send you exclusive content specifically about becoming a Google Certified Educator, and my Google Certified Educator Academy online courses!